Rogue Detective Part 2 – Curses!

Last time, we covered the rather ridiculous choices that led up to my decision to write a roguelike from scratch. Now, we’ll cover the first steps in the creation of Rogue Detective, and indeed, most games I write. After the standard step of creating a new repository for source control comes the creation of the […]

Rogue Detective Part 1 – A Defective Rogue

Rogue Detective started off as an attempt at the annual 7 Day Roguelike competition, wherein one aspires to create a full roguelike in a mere seven days. Entrants are allowed to use previous work, provided the final game is a new roguelike unto itself. This year, the competition fell in one of the two weeks […]

Getting Virtual with Emacs (Part 3)

Last time, we talked about the two emacs extensions I use to emulate my most used features¬†of Sublime Text. Even a cursory look at the manual would show way more features than I even thought about using, but by learning basic editing in emacs I’m already able to fully switch over to the Gnu editor. […]

Getting Virtual with Emacs (Part 2)

It’s been just over a month since I started properly developing in emacs, both at work and at home. I think it’s about time I wrote a little about my experiences. First of all, while I’ve used vim daily at work, I don’t claim to be a vim power-user by any stretch of the imagination. […]

Getting Virtual with Emacs (Part 1)

A Quick Introduction We’re taking a short (okay, long) break from the Hullet Bells posts. It’s already been a couple of months since I last updated, mostly because progress has been slow. I keep having ideas on how to refactor the fledging script system, but never get around to actually implementing them. So that’s on […]